We are a sustainable & self-sufficient family operation of URBAN FARMS located in New Orleans, LA. Our Baton Rouge, LA location is COMING SOON! See more about us below.
Mama Isis Farm & Market is a family operation of urban farms by Founder, Broker, and Urban Agriculturalist, Yaa Tashel who is a Fourth Generation and Isis who is Fifth Generation Farmer and Learning Urban Agriculturalist. We also get assistance from a Third Generation Farmer by the named of Leon who is also a coach and educator. On the urban farms, fresh fruits from trees and vines, veggies, herbs, and edible flowers are grown utilizing organic practices and then sold wholesale direct to consumers and/or local businesses. In the beginning of 2017, we also started off building raised beds and constructed several of them on the urban farm as well as for others. Over time, we have been more of an advocate for food waste reduction so we educate on various methods of application while also implementing those practices on our urban farms such as composting, vermicomposting, and wild foraging. On April 19, 2019 in Reducing Food Waste Month, Yaa Tashel taught a class on food waste reduction at the NOLA Herb Gathering in New Orleans, LA.
In addition to fresh produce, herbs, flowers, and plants being offered, added value items are also created from the items that are grown to make seasonal teas, infusions, cough syrup, etc. We were the 1st Sea Moss Tea Provider in New Orleans, LA and quite possibly in the state of Louisiana when we in started in 2017. We also have been a Wildcrafted Sea Moss Dealer since 2017. Not to mention, we are a broker for other businesses and their products that are eco friendly, sustainable, and/or contain organic ingredients as well as or can be utilized for self love, self healing, self care, or self sufficient purposes. In August 2022, we have expanded by starting a new online Pet Shop. Our best selling items are the Pet Winery Products that offer non-alcoholic beverages (Red and Yellow Wines, Brews, & Champagnes) for dogs and cats named Beef Ale, Chicken Ale, Dog Pawrignon Rosé, Dog Pawrignon Brut, Fetchme Grigio, Fetchme Noir, Meow and Chandon, Meowsling, and Puurgundy.
Due to our farm being affected by the flooding in the New Orleans area several times since 2019, we decided to become more involved with Green Infrastructure which led to Urban Agriculturalist Yaa Tashel becoming Clean Water Certified as well as obtaining a certification in NCCER Core in 2021. With these certifications, she has assisted in constructing Permeable Pavement at New Jerusalem Baptist Church and a residential home in the Gentilly area a.k.a. Chilly Gentilly which will store stormwater underground, reduce flooding on those properties as well as reduce pollutants. (Pictures can be viewed on our Instagram page @mama_isis_farm_and_market). We will be working to implement more projects like or similar to these for our community in order to reduce flooding issues and properly direct stormwater as well as to provide maintenance on all types of Green Infrastructure.
- South Korea Agribusiness Trade Mission Invitation
- NOLA'S GOT IT TV Show on Congo TV
- Recipient of Three (3) Grants (Tricentennial Neighborhood Grant, NRCS Cost Share Grant, USDA PRS Grant)
- Mentioned in Blog titled "10 Reasons Why New Orleans is the Most African City" by CFreedom Photography
- Food Waste Reduction Educator at 2019 NOLA Herb Gathering
- SNAP/EBT Authorized
*We have worked with the following local businesses:
• Froot Orleans
• Cupcake Fairies
• NOLA FLORA
• Backatown Coffee Parlor
• Ms. Beasley Catering
• Local Menu NOLA
• Ital Garden
• Vegan Snack Shack
• Oko Vue Produce
• Canopy by Hilton New Orleans Downtown
*Festivals and Markets participated in:
• 2017 Baba Fest
• 2017 Lil Afraka Street Festival
• 2017 Churchill Saddle Club's Jambayla Fundraiser
• 2017 Bayou Bacchannal
• 2017 Freret Fall Fun Fest
• Healing Hub Market on Bayou Road
• Wednesday Nights at the Jazz Market
• Fresh Market at Whole Foods on North Broad Street (Every Monday)
• Roux Carre Holiday Market
• Makers Fair at Roux Carre for Small Business Saturday
• Sunday Farmers Market at Roux Carre
- Producer Representative and Grant Reviewer for Southern SARE's Administrative Council
- National Green Infrastructure Construction Program Training
- Qualified Post-Construction Inspector Certificate
- Small Business Development Certification
- Sustainable Urban Agriculture Certification
- Clean Water Training Certification
- NCCER CORE
- OSHA 10
- Louisiana Responsible Vendor Training Certification
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- Build Health Mobility LEAD Certification
- Farm Basics Certification
- Water Management and Climate Adaptation Certification
- Food As Medicine Certifications
- Produce Safety Alliance Certification
Yaa Tashel is not only just an Urban Agriculturalist, but she is also a Level 2 RA SEKHI Reiki Practitioner, Trained Doula, Ordained Minister/Spiritual Humanism and Laws of Nature Guide, and a Background Actress.
Consultations for information related to farming or gardening may be BOOKED from our Instagram page by clicking on "Book Now."
ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE FINAL!
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES!
Irish Moss Tea, this product does have the greatest sweet taste ever. I does a phenomenal job clearing up cold in my body. It also help cleared up my Bronchitis & Mucus. After a few days I felt as good as new.
Irish Moss Tea is a wonderful product that help me when I couldn't sleep and it also help fight off my cold.
My husband had a bad cold it was rattling in his chest, after drinking warm Irish Moss Tea for 3 nights his cold was gone. He had a Dr. Appointment in 5 days he canceled his appointment and was able to return to work.
Irish Moss Tea is delicious. Myself, my children, my father, and my brother (who is very picky) all are addicted. It also feels good that I am able give them vital nourishments they might not get in their daily diet. It's always fresh, made to order, and exchanged with the highest level of professionalism. I've tried Irish Moss in other ways, but this is the only way that is tasty and that my children willingly drink.
Greetings & Peace Family! Thank you for taking the time out to check out what we have to offer in assisting you in being more self-sufficient in your life!
"Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine & Thy Medicine Be Thy Food" - Hippocrates
MAMA ISIS FARM & MARKET PRODUCES, HARVESTS, AND PROVIDES FRESH PRODUCE AND FLOWERS WHILE ALSO CREATING VALUE ADDED PRODUCTS FROM OUR CHEMICAL-FREE, ORGANIC FARM WHILE UTILIZING SAFE PRACTICES AT ALL TIMES. WE ARE ALSO A MARKET FOR OTHERS WHO OFFER FRESH, NATURAL, ORGANIC, SUSTAINABLE, AND/OR WHOLISTIC PRODUCTS.
New Orleans, LA
Monday - Friday
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday